JYP – You have to be bad at singing & be liked by JYP
YG – You have to be ugly & be good at singing
SM – You have to match the new group’s concept
1. [+156, -46] As if YG is full of ugly artists… What about Winner? TOP? Sandara? Seungri? GD? Song Yunhyung?
2. [+149, -15] For YG, it’s not about being ugly. You have to be unique. Even if you’re handsome or pretty, they won’t pick you if you’re not unique. Even if you’re ugly, you’ll be picked if you’re unique. Your talent has to be at least decent.
3. [+107, -8] Rather than being ugly for YG, your face has to look a bit strong. Compared to other idols, YG idols look sharper. I disliked Bigbang when they debuted because they looked dark and scary. That was back in grade 5 ㅋㅋ I still like their songs.
4. [+80, -14] Are you an SM stan? There’s another requirement for SM: You have to be bad at rapping ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+58, -6] This person is also a YG artist ^^
6. [+55, -0] For JYP, no matter how talented you are, they’ll kick you out right away if you have a bad character. They pick trainees with a good character even if their talent is mediocre because they’ll last long. They don’t let a trainee practice if they’re getting bad grades and swearing is banned. Talented kids with a bad character end up going to other companies. There are many talented artists like Baek Ah Yeon, Baek Yerin, Park Jimin, and G-Soul. It’s just that it’s hard to get into JYP because of the character requirement. For YG, they like unique trainees. You don’t have to be very talented, they like people who know how to party. It’s hard to get into YG because they like charming and talented people. For SM, your looks and talent have to be one of the top ones. You also have to be skinny. They look for those who satisfy in visuals, dance, and vocals. When it comes to looks, you have to look like a manga character or luxury-looking like a rich family. So it’s hard.
7. [+54, -7] Let me laugh at the ugly YG logic~