Sam Okyere reveals he obtained Korean permanent residence
Article: ‘Hello Counsellor’ Sam Okyere, “I obtained Korean permanent residence recently… Korean to the bone”
Source: Sports Seoul via Nate
1. [+2116, -26] He’s a Ghanaian who says Dokdo is a Korean island.
2. [+1972, -56] Sam Okyere is funny and likeable. A lot of foreigners who become popular in Korean entertainment end up going back to their own countries. I hope it’s not just his broadcast image.
3. [+1798, -79] He’s much better than the Chinese celebrities like Lai Kuan Lin who come to Korea only to dip out later.
4. [+126, -1] He did a lot to change the prejudice against black people in Korea. It’s not like people stare at black people because they want to be racist. It’s because they’ve rarely seen black people. But because of Okyere, people learned that black people are just as ordinary and became more comfortable with black people.
5. [+124, -2] I still hope he goes back to Ghana and becomes the president.
6. [+100, -2] He goes to the Korean Folk Village and says it’s our ancestors. Permanent residence is no big deal ㅋㅋㅋ
7. [+59, -0] I don’t think he’ll become a naturalized citizen. He’ll just keep the permanent residence. I hope he does well and becomes the Ghanaian president.
8. [+53, -2] It was so funny when the question was “Which country won the war in 1592?” and Sam answered, “our country did” ㅋㅋㅋ